Early Years Pupil Premium
What is Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP)?
The Early Years Pupil Premium is a UK Government scheme that provides additional funding to early years providers to support 3- and 4-year-olds from low-income families as well as from some other types of disadvantaged background.
For those that are eligible, the EYPP funding is in addition to the more regular funding schemes available to children of their age.
How is the EYPP Funding Used?
The EYPP funding is intended to help close the gap in development and school readiness between children from low-income families and their more affluent or advantaged peers. Early years providers will use the EYPP funding to provide additional support and resources that enhance the learning and development of those specific, disadvantaged, children under their care. It may be used solely for an individual child or pooled to support a group of eligible children with similar support needs.
Who is entitled to Early Years Pupil Premium?If you receive any of the following benefits, the school may be able to claim Pupil Premium funding for your child:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit but there is a cap)
- Working Tax Credit run-on, which is paid for 4 weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Children who are currently being looked after by a local authority in England or Wales or hey have left care in England or Wales through:
- an adoption
- a special guardianship order
- a child arrangement order are also eligible for Early Years pupil premium.
What should I do if my child is eligible for Early Years Pupil Premium?
Please contact the school office if you think your child may be eligible for Early Years Pupil Premium. We can then apply for the extra funding. If you have already provided us with information in the past, we may contact you again to check if you are still eligible.